Monday, November 16, 2015

Welcome!



Welcome to Lug Nut! I’ve attempted to start a blog a few times before, but with little material those attempts quickly failed. So to start things off, a quick little bio. My name is Luke Orr, originally from a little Indiana town north of Indianapolis. I got my first taste of sales in May 2015 at Advance Auto parts, then in July 2015 I started selling cars at Ray Skillman Hyundai. I’ll tell you a little more about us later, but I will say now that the managers and staff at Ray Skillman do an excellent job of taking care of both customers and employees, and it’s safe to say the stereotypical car salesman is dead and gone here.


As to the purpose of Lug Nut, I hope to help educate and inform my readers by comparing and contrasting different cars (albeit with a slight bias towards Hyundai). I’ll also post reviews of different cars, and explain how different technologies and car parts work. This blog was mainly inspired when I met a man who had bought a car from us a few years ago, but had very little knowledge of the different features that made his car special. After explaining a turbocharger to him, he mentioned that it was “nice to have somebody explain it, instead of taking for granted that he knew what they were talking about”. So often in the sales business the salespeople become so accustomed to people researching or having previous experience with cars, and so forget to explain the increasingly complex parts that make modern cars so much better than their predecessors.


I plan to write one major post each week, with smaller articles featuring a “Car of the Day” published on Thursdays. As I don’t have a lot of writing experience, expect future articles to improve in quality while I hone my craft. As of now, I’ll likely release the main article on Mondays, although I’m not set on a particular time just yet.


By way of conclusion, I do want to clarify that this blog is not being written to sell cars - it’s being written for my friends and previous customers, with the goal of educating people as to what exactly a dual-clutch transmission is, or why a Hyundai Sonata is a better-designed car than a Ford Fusion, and other things of that nature. I do want to make sure to thank all my readers and future readers, and remind y’all to share this blog around! If you have any questions, comments, or other thoughts be sure to leave a comment, email me at lugnutblog@gmail.com, or you can also simply call me at 765-482-3515 (ask for Luke). I’ll also gladly reward readers for referrals - just make sure the customer you’re referring gives me your name and number, and should they buy a car, a $100 check will come your way as soon as the deal is processed. Thank you for reading, and have a great day!






Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment